Yes, I finally got my approved Japan Tourist Visa! And applying for it right here in Cebu is really simple and uncomplicated.
If you’re a Filipino and it’s your first time applying for a Japan Tourist Visa, all you need to prepare are a few requirements.
(1) Passport (Holder’s Signature Required)
(2) Application Form with 4.5X3.5cm Facial Photo attached
Form here: https://www.mofa.go.jp/j_info/visit/visa/pdfs/application1.pdf
(3) Birth Certificate (Issued by PSA within 1 year)
– If birth certificate is unreadable, submit birth certificate issued by local Civil Register
-If birth certificate is “LATE REGISTRATION,” submit baptismal certificate and school record (Form 137)
– If there is no record of birth in PSA, submit birth certificate issued by Local Civil Register and Negative Certificate issued by PSA
(4) Marriage Certificate (Issued by PSA within 1 Year. For married individuals only)
– If marriage certificate is unreadable, submit marriage certificate issued by local Civil Register
– If there is no record of marriage in PSA, submit marriage certificate issued by Local Civil Register and Negative Certificate issued by PSA
(5) Itinerary in Japan
If you are shouldering your travel expenses,
(6) Bank Certificate
(7) Photocopy of Income Tax Return (BIR FORM 2316)
In Case the Guarantor in the Philippines will shoulder part/all of travel expense
(8) Guarantee Letter
(9) Proof of Relationship between applicant and guarantor (e.g Birth certificate)
(10) Bank Certificate
(11) Photocopy of Income Tax Return (BIR: FORM 2316)
If you have a previously approved Japan Tourist Visa, listed requirements 3 (Birth Certificate) and 4 (Marriage Certificate) are unnecessary. In my case, I had a 5-year multiple entry Japan Tourist Visa which expired last 2021, and prepared only 5 of the listed requirements (1,2,5,6 and 7).
Where do I submit my Japan Tourist Visa Application in Cebu?
Since 2015, I’ve applied for all my 3 approved Japan Tourist Visa at Friendship Tours & Resorts Corporation. The process is quick and easy. The staff consistently made sure all my documents and information are complete before they send out the tourist visa request to the Embassy.
I only paid Php 1,500 (price as of November 2022)for the request and processing of my latest approved 5-year multiple entry Japan tourist visa at Friendship Tours Cebu. Processing time as per the agency is 10-14 working days.
You may submit your Japan Tourist Visa requirements at Friendship Tours & Resorts Corporation at Unit 2-508. 5th Floor, Oakridge IT Center 2, Oakridge Business Park, A. S. Fortuna St, Mandaue City, Cebu from 9:00am-2:00pm, Mondays to Fridays (Office open from 9:00am-5:00pm, Mondays to Fridays). Closed on Saturdays and Sundays.
My last Japan visit was in February 2020 before the lockdown and can’t wait to visit Japan again for a winter trip this weekend, 20 November 2022!
For more information about Japan Tourist Visa, you may visit their official website HERE.